We want to bring pianos to the people and music to the street. Now go play outside!
About The Project
Support Piano is an initiative whose main aim is to change the world through the power of music… or at least Metro Vancouver… Here’s how we plan to do it:
- July 1st, CityStudio will launch 10 pianos at various open-air locations throughout Vancouver. Learn more about CityStudio’s project.
- July 8th, we will launch our Surrey piano at PARKit’s summertime pop-up park in the parking lot of the North Surrey Recreation Centre (10275 City Parkway) next to Surrey Central SkyTrain.
- July 14th, we will launch our Jewish Community Centre piano at the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver. Over 100 children will paint the piano between 11:15 AM and 2:30 PM.
- July 29th to August 6th, a grand piano will be placed in front of The Independent building at the corner of Kingsway and Broadway, where it is set to be decorated by renowned graffiti artist, Milan Basic. It will be placed in Squamish for the Squamish Music Festival from August 6th to 10th.
- August 1st, we will launch our Burnaby piano at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts (6450 Deer Lake Ave).
- For information about upcoming launches, please visit our Facebook page.
Interact and upload your own pictures and videos to our Facebook page. Find out more about our contest for submissions. Make sure you like the Support Piano facebook page and tag everything with #supportpiano!
14 View on Facebook Grouse Mountain Piano Gets Painted!
We had beautiful weather for the painting of this piano. The children's group we recruited to paint our piano on Grouse Mountain are from the out of school care program that is part of Little Mountain Neighborhood Society in East Vancouver. They did a wonderful job!